I hear ya... this whole "branding your business" thing can feel really overwhelming
- You're spinning your wheels trying to figure out how to stand out online. You've read all the blog posts, tried all the tactics, but you just aren't getting the results you crave.
- You've tried piecing together your own branding (you picked some colors you love, you have a pinterest board going for inspiration... maybe you even had your cousin design a logo!) But it just doesn't feel right. It doesn't look like you pictured it would in your head.
- There are SO MANY choices! So many pretty colors! And fonts! And stock photos! (Oh my.) You love everything, how could you possibly focus on just one look?! (So as a result, your style is all over the place and people don't really get what you're about.)
- You love the idea of creating a business and brand that are authentic, but what does that even look like in real life? How do you take what's on the inside and show it on the outside?
You are not alone! I've been there, and I get it. And you don't have to keep feeling this way.
Imagine what it would be like to...
- Confidently market your business because you know who you are and what you're all about--and your online presence reflects that!
- Attract the RIGHT clients and customers to your business (because they totally get you and love you.)
- Shave hours (hooooooours) off your design time because you have clear brand standards that are easy to implement.
- Look like the totally legit business owner you are and not just some little lady with a hobby. (I know you know what I'm talking about.)
- Tackle any new biz challenge that comes your way because you know you have a loving teacher and a community of supportive entrepreneurs in your corner to help you learn whatever you need to learn
It's all within your reach! I promise!
The Branding from the Inside Out online course includes...
• 6 online modules (each includes easy-to-follow video lessons, thought-provoking worksheets, and hands-on activities)
• Supportive Facebook group - Post your assignments for feedback, reach out for help, show off your brilliance, and make new friends
• Monthly Q&A sessions via FB Live - Get extra help from Emily during our monthly Q&A sessions
The V.I.P. Package includes...
The Branding from the Inside Out online course
Including the online modules, supportive facebook group, and monthly Q&A sessions
1-Year Membership to the Biz BFF Hive
The most supportive group of entrepreneurs on the internet! The hive is a combo of courses, community, and coaching all in one. You get...
• New courses/workshops every month After you've defined your brand, it's time to show up and shine brilliantly in all areas of your business.
• Active Facebook community - Hive members give the most thoughtful, supportive help to each other! Get daily help and meet your newbest friends.
• In-depth support and custom tutorials - I'm in this group every single day answering questions, and even recording custom how-to videos when you're stuck on something!
Truth Talk Live Series
Monthly live interviews with thought leaders who are owning their truth and wildly succeeding in business and life!
The Truth & Dare Retreat
Dive deep with me in person! Join me and a small group of daring women for an in-person retreat! We'll get to the heart of who you are, what you desire, and work through any roadblocks that are standing between you and your most exceptional life & business.
The Online Course
Branding from the Inside Out consists of 6 Modules
Module 1: Let's Dig Deep
We’ll define your brand’s core values, your super powers, and your unique flavor as a business owner. During this module you’ll:
- Learn how a dirty martini changed my entire perspective on branding
- Discover why it's really not all about your logo
- Learn what the hell visual branding is and what it can do for your business
- The exact place to start your journey toward building an authentic brand
- Celebrate and share your unique super powers (and learn how the very things I was teased for in high school have become my greatest asset and landed more clients than anything else)
Module 2: Setting the Mood
Break out the gluesticks, we’ll start to define a visual identity by creating a mood board. During this module you’ll:
- Use images to evoke feeeeeeelings
- Find inspiration all around you (not just on Pinterest!)
- Learn how your dream client fits into this picture (and how your branding can make her excited to say "Here! Take my money!")
- Express your personal style in a way that feels comfy and looks totally profesh
- Create a mood board collage to serve as inspiration for the rest of your branding work
Module 3: Color your World
Easier than getting dressed in the morning. We'll define your brand's color palette. During this module you’ll:
- Communicate your brand’s personality instantly with the right color palette
- Attract your dreamiest dream clients with color psychology
- Choose a go-to colors that look amazing together so you never have to make a color decision ever again
- Find out what those funny #letternumber combos mean and how they save you tons of time
- Hear why I spend every weekend at Home Depot (and how it relates to branding!)
Module 4: What the Font!
We’ll choose your go-to brand fonts (Comic Sans be damned!) During this module you’ll:
- Communicate your brand style through typography (that's a fancy word for fonts)
- Save yourself from the 7 deadly sins of fonts
- Pair fonts like a pro so you stop looking like a crazy person
- Find the highest quality fonts without breaking the bank
- Learn what to do when you can't use the font you want
Module 5: No Logo? No Problem!
We’ll design a logo from scratch (no design degree required) During this module you’ll:
- Learn five types of logos and which kind YOU should have
- Design your own logo using FREE design software! (Even if you’re not an artist)
- Avoid common logo blunders
- Learn how (and why) to create alternate versions of your logo for different uses
Module 6: Your Brand in Action
Never spend an hour staring at a blank screen again! We’ll design your brand style guide. During this module you’ll:
- Create a Pinterest-worthy brand board using free design software
- Use your brand board as an anchor to stay consistent in your future design work
- Learn techniques for using fonts, shapes, colors, and photos in your designs
- Learn my best tips for designing for web, social media, and print
- Graduate with a totally professional brand identity that YOU designed for yourself! Get ready to take the world by storm!
I'm so ready to do this whole branding thing!
Just because you're a solo-preneur doesn't mean you are in this alone! The Hive is a supportive community of like-minded entrepreneurs. Lean on your hive sisters for encouragement, feedback, and help when you get stuck.
The Hive Community is a private facebook group that is included in your Hive membership. You can ask questions, share wins, and get feedback on what you're working on. In this close-knit group, you'll meet biz bffs who can become good friends for life! (It's like having coworkers, except no one steals your lunch from the fridge.)
Your Registration Includes
- Truth & Dare retreat experience, including soul-stirring workshops, thought-provoking activities, and joy-filled games (4pm April 4th through 10am April 7th)
- Open-ended free time in the spacious lodge or surrounding forest area
- Accommodations Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night at Anderson Lodge in Ariel, Washington
- All meals, including breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks from Thursday afternoon to Sunday morning.
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Fun & delightful surprises and swag
- A welcoming and supportive community of women entrepreneurs to encourage you and support you on your business journey long after the retreat
*If you absolutely can't make these dates, you can still choose the VIP package and attend a later retreat
Maybe you’re a mom. Or you have a day job. Or you’re in school. Or you’re up to your elbows in Etsy orders. Heck, some of you are probably all of the above! Setting aside time to work on your branding is so tough. I get that. And that’s why I’ve formatted this class to give you the best of both worlds: The 6-week course format is here to keep up your momentum and help you achieve the brand design you want in a short time. You have the support, energy, and accountability of your classmates and teacher to keep you motivated and moving! But… if you fall behind, it’s no big deal! You have lifetime access to the course material and facebook group, so you can go at your own pace and complete the work in whatever timeline works with your schedule.
You know in your heart that investing in your brand identity is important, or you wouldn’t have made it this far down the page! Your branding is like your hottest first date outfit--it makes an impression and gives everyone a sneak peek as to what you’re all about. But there are many different ways you can invest in branding. You can hire a designer, you can have a website built, you can work with a brand strategist, you can take a course… how do you choose?
The invaluable thing about taking this course is that you’ll not only graduate with a brand identity that would cost thousands of dollars to hire a designer to create, but you’ll also be armed with a deeper knowledge of what goes into a creating stand out brand identity, so if you do work with a designer in the future, you’ll save tons of time (and tons of dollars) because you’ll know exactly what you want. And if you ever rebrand or start another business, you can get up and running quickly and inexpensively by doing things yourself. The skills you learn in Branding from the Inside Out will serve you for a lifetime.
And when you invest at the VIP Level, you are setting yourself up with ALL the support you need to create the business of your dreams. You not only get the course, you get an entire year of community, coaching, and courses in the Hive. And you get to dive deep with me during the immersive weekend retreat.
I have every bit of faith that this course and the VIP package will pay for themselves in no time!
When I signed up for Branding from the inside out, I knew that I needed a clear plan for my branding in order to really highlight my approach and what I offer. I had never really considered all of the details entailed in communicating my values and unique flavor, but Emily really helped us to identify those things that we want to showcase and then gave us tools for selecting colors, fonts, and designs that reflect those values. I think this is her genius, and I am so glad I had the opportunity to learn from her.Shannon Meade Tweak Your Self Talk
I ‘get’ branding now that I’ve taken Branding from the Inside Out. Emily covered everything you need to start doing your own visual branding with intention—from the fundamental concept of branding to the the practicalities of choosing fonts, colors, and where to go to find all the best tools and resources for doing your own designs.Effie Greathouse
Emily teaches from her heart. And while she’s teaching, she never makes you feel like she knows more than you–instead, it is like you’re learning cool tricks from your BFF (Your Biz BFF that is!)Sejal Fichadia Kindred Mother Care
I feel that I always came up with a bunch of ideas for branding & marketing my business but never knew how to execute them. Emily was able to take each step and break it down so that we could not only pick our colors, designs and templates but also know WHY those specific designs work best for us. I feel a better sense of control and direction after taking her class.”Tiffanie Danley TD Real Estate
Who is this for?
This is for anyone who's ready to stand out from the crowd. (And who doesn't want to figure it out alone!)
Most of the women I work with fall into one of these groups:
You're starting something new. Whether it's your first business, you're offering a new service, or you're changing directions, you have an unfamiliar path ahead. This can feel really overwhelming! You want guidance and support as you chart new territories.
What you're doing isn't working. You've followed all the gurus and experts, only to find your hard work isn't paying off. You're confused, frustrated, and defeated, and all the advice seems conflicting. You're beginning to wonder if you're even cut out for this. (You are! You just need a Biz BFF to explain things in a way you understand!)
You've fallen out of love with your business. You started this for more freedom, more flexibility, and more earning potential. But now you hate it. You're wondering whether you should just throw in the towel. But... maybe there's still a spark deep in there that just needs a little fuel. Or maybe it's time to chase a new dream. (If this is you--the VIP package is for you. We'll unpack all this in the safe space of the retreat!)
Whether you have an online business or run a brick and mortar shop; whether you sell products or services; whether you’re a blogger, a freelancer, or an etsy shop owner--this is for you!
Branding from the Inside Out graduates and Hive members are...
- house cleaners
- personal shoppers
- seo consultants
- fine artists
- etsy shop owners
- speech pathologists
- jewelry designers
- fiber artists
- massage therapists
- interior decorators
- health/wellness advocates
- real estate agents
- nonprofit directors
- (just to name a few!)