I hear ya... this whole "branding your business" thing can feel really overwhelming
- You're spinning your wheels trying to figure out how to stand out online. You've read all the blog posts, tried all the tactics, but you just aren't getting the results you crave.
- You've tried piecing together your own branding (you picked some colors you love, you have a pinterest board going for inspiration... maybe you even had your cousin design a logo!) But it just doesn't feel right. It doesn't look like you pictured it would in your head.
- There are SO MANY choices! So many pretty colors! And fonts! And stock photos! (Oh my.) You love everything, how could you possibly focus on just one look?! (So as a result, your style is all over the place and people don't really get what you're about.)
- You love the idea of creating a business and brand that are authentic, but what does that even look like in real life? How do you take what's on the inside and show it on the outside?
You are not alone! I've been there, and I get it. And you don't have to keep feeling this way.
Girl, you are AWESOME. And it's time for the world to find out just how amazing you are.
Imagine what it would be like to...
- Confidently market your business because you know who you are and what you're all about--and your online presence reflects that!
- Attract the RIGHT clients and customers to your business (because they totally get you and love you.)
- Shave hours (hooooooours) off your design time because you have clear brand standards that are easy to implement.
- Look like the totally legit business owner you are and not just some little lady with a hobby. (I know you know what I'm talking about.)
- Tackle any new biz challenge that comes your way because you know you have a loving teacher and a community of supportive entrepreneurs in your corner to help you learn whatever you need to learn
It's all within your reach! I promise!
I'm here to help! I'm tired of seeing brilliant business owners not reaching their potential.
That's why I created
a step-by-step ecourse that teaches you how to design a brand you love
In my work as a graphic designer, one common problem has stuck out–I meet so many women who have amazing ideas for their business--but they get stuck when it comes to communicating them in a way that’s unique, authentic, and eye-catching. They’re discouraged–by their roadblocks with creativity, by technical challenges with software, and by mixed messages from the noisy internet world. Yet business owners everywhere continue to stumble their way through creating their own materials.
That’s where I come in! (Oh hey, I'm Emily by the way... more about me later.) I created this class to give entrepreneurs a new option when it comes to their branding and design work. I'll help you dig deep to find the real heart of your brand and then walk you through designing every element of your brand style guide using free software. Branding and design don’t have to be a struggle anymore!
This course changed the way I do business. I feel ready to share my ideas and products with confidence. I went from floundering on my own to looking like a pro by taking this course. Emily made things so simple! She is fun and enthusiastic. She makes everyone feel welcome and helped each of us when we got stuck.Erika Swafford Erika Swafford Photography
Baby, it's your time to shine!
You've got a big heart and big dreams, and we're ready to see all the beautiful light you have to share with the world.
In this course, you'll learn...
- How to get to the heart of who you are, the superpowers that set you apart, and how to sprinkle in your unique flavor
- How to define your personal brand style (even if you love every color and every font)
- How to communicate all that magical goodness that's on the inside with the actual world (so... you know... people can buy your stuff!)
What you'll learn
Branding from the Inside Out consists of 6 Modules
Module 1: Let's Dig Deep
We’ll define your brand’s core values, your super powers, and your unique flavor as a business owner. During this module you’ll:
- Learn how a dirty martini changed my entire perspective on branding
- Discover why it's really not all about your logo
- Learn what the hell visual branding is and what it can do for your business
- The exact place to start your journey toward building an authentic brand
- Celebrate and share your unique super powers (and learn how the very things I was teased for in high school have become my greatest asset and landed more clients than anything else)
Module 2: Setting the Mood
Break out the gluesticks, we’ll start to define a visual identity by creating a mood board. During this module you’ll:
- Use images to evoke feeeeeeelings
- Find inspiration all around you (not just on Pinterest!)
- Learn how your dream client fits into this picture (and how your branding can make her excited to say "Here! Take my money!")
- Express your personal style in a way that feels comfy and looks totally profesh
- Create a mood board collage to serve as inspiration for the rest of your branding work
Module 3: Color your World
Easier than getting dressed in the morning. We'll define your brand's color palette. During this module you’ll:
- Communicate your brand’s personality instantly with the right color palette
- Attract your dreamiest dream clients with color psychology
- Choose a go-to colors that look amazing together so you never have to make a color decision ever again
- Find out what those funny #letternumber combos mean and how they save you tons of time
- Hear why I spend every weekend at Home Depot (and how it relates to branding!)
Module 4: What the Font!
We’ll choose your go-to brand fonts (Comic Sans be damned!) During this module you’ll:
- Communicate your brand style through typography (that's a fancy word for fonts)
- Save yourself from the 7 deadly sins of fonts
- Pair fonts like a pro so you stop looking like a crazy person
- Find the highest quality fonts without breaking the bank
- Learn what to do when you can't use the font you want
Module 5: No Logo? No Problem!
We’ll design a logo from scratch (no design degree required) During this module you’ll:
- Learn five types of logos and which kind YOU should have
- Design your own logo using FREE design software! (Even if you’re not an artist)
- Avoid common logo blunders
- Learn how (and why) to create alternate versions of your logo for different uses
Module 6: Your Brand in Action
Never spend an hour staring at a blank screen again! We’ll design your brand style guide. During this module you’ll:
- Create a Pinterest-worthy brand board using free design software
- Use your brand board as an anchor to stay consistent in your future design work
- Learn techniques for using fonts, shapes, colors, and photos in your designs
- Learn my best tips for designing for web, social media, and print
- Graduate with a totally professional brand identity that YOU designed for yourself! Get ready to take the world by storm!
Branding from the Inside Out is open for enrollment!
The Branding from the Inside Out online course includes...
• 6 online modules (each includes easy-to-follow video lessons, thought-provoking worksheets, and hands-on activities)
• Supportive Facebook group - Post your assignments for feedback, reach out for help, show off your brilliance, and make new friends
• Monthly Q&A sessions via FB Live - Get extra help from Emily during our monthly Q&A sessions
The V.I.P. Package includes...
The Branding from the Inside Out online course
Including the online modules, supportive facebook group, and monthly Q&A sessions
1-Year Membership to the Biz BFF Hive
The most supportive group of entrepreneurs on the internet! The hive is a combo of courses, community, and coaching all in one. You get...
• New courses/workshops every month
• Active Facebook community
• In-depth support and custom tutorials
Truth Talk Live Series
Monthly live interviews with thought leaders who are owning their truth and wildly succeeding in business and life!
The Truth & Dare Retreat
Dive deep with me in person! Join me and a small group of daring women for an in-person retreat! We'll get to the heart of who you are, what you desire, and work through any roadblocks that are standing between you and your most exceptional life & business.
I took Emily’s Branding From the Inside Out and loved every minute. Not only did I gain great value out of the class sessions, the best part was I had a time set aside to focus on my rebranding and actually got tasks done that would have taken me months, just with life getting in the way. I progressed quickly in getting my brand colors, which I love now, newly designed cards, and social media layouts that I can do MYSELF with confidence from what I learned. I am now excited about my branding and can’t wait to share it everywhere. Emily was super friendly and fun to work with. I look forward to the next class she offers.Kate Byer Kate Byer Interior Design
More things you should know
I'm so ready to do this whole branding thing!
I designed this course for busy ladies like you
Maybe you’re a mom. Or you have a day job. Or you’re in school. Or you’re up to your elbows in Etsy orders. Heck, some of you are probably all of the above! Setting aside time to work on your branding is so tough. I get that. And that’s why I’ve formatted this class to give you the best of both worlds: The 6-week course format is here to keep up your momentum and help you achieve the brand design you want in a short time. You have the support, energy, and accountability of your classmates and teacher to keep you motivated and moving! But… if you fall behind, it’s no big deal! You have lifetime access to the course material and facebook group, so you can go at your own pace and complete the work in whatever timeline works with your schedule.
You will never regret investing in your education
You know in your heart that investing in your brand identity is important, or you wouldn’t have made it this far down the page! Your branding is like your hottest first date outfit--it makes an impression and gives everyone a sneak peek as to what you’re all about. But there are many different ways you can invest in branding. You can hire a designer, you can have a website built, you can work with a brand strategist, you can take a course… how do you choose?
The invaluable thing about taking this course is that you’ll not only graduate with a brand identity that would cost thousands of dollars to hire a designer to create, but you’ll also be armed with a deeper knowledge of what goes into a creating stand out brand identity, so if you do work with a designer in the future, you’ll save tons of time (and tons of dollars) because you’ll know exactly what you want. And if you ever rebrand or start another business, you can get up and running quickly and inexpensively by doing things yourself. The skills you learn in Branding from the Inside Out will serve you for a lifetime.
When I signed up for Branding from the inside out, I knew that I needed a clear plan for my branding in order to really highlight my approach and what I offer. I had never really considered all of the details entailed in communicating my values and unique flavor, but Emily really helped us to identify those things that we want to showcase and then gave us tools for selecting colors, fonts, and designs that reflect those values. I think this is her genius, and I am so glad I had the opportunity to learn from her.Shannon Meade Tweak Your Self Talk
I ‘get’ branding now that I’ve taken Branding from the Inside Out. Emily covered everything you need to start doing your own visual branding with intention—from the fundamental concept of branding to the the practicalities of choosing fonts, colors, and where to go to find all the best tools and resources for doing your own designs.Effie Greathouse
I'm ready for my breathtaking brand!
So who's this Biz BFF lady, anyway?
I'm Emily Roach - the algebra-teacher-turned-design-diva behind Branding from the Inside Out
I’m a multi-passionate entrepreneur with a big heart and a not-so-secret obsession with 90s pop music, Gilmore Girls, and caramel brûlée lattes. And I can’t wait to teach you how to design your own breathtaking brand identity!
In 2009, I started a business designing wedding invitations and personal stationery. It began as a side gig--a creative outlet at a time my teaching job wasn’t allowing much creativity. When I got pregnant in 2010, I decided to see if I could turn my “little etsy shop” into a full time income that would allow me to work from home with my baby. I had no formal business training (aside from many childhood entrepreneurial ventures), so I fumbled through with a lot of trial and error--figuring out what worked and what didn’t. Luckily, I’m a scrappy DIYer, so that’s just the way I like it!
A huge turning point was when I let go of trying to design what I thought everyone else wanted and just created things that were true to my personal style. This was scary! Was I going too niche? Am I going to miss out on tons of potential customers? What if no one even likes my style?
You can guess where this is going--when I stopped trying to please everyone and started being true to myself, my sales soared. Magazines reached out to feature my invites. And my work became more profitable and more fun. But here’s the thing: I don’t attribute this to being a better designer than anyone else.
I learned that being clear and confident about who you are and what you have to offer the world, then presenting that in a cohesive and consistent way makes you the most desirable girl in the room.
I love that now I get to combine my love of teaching with my love of design and help business owners create their own remarkable brands that attract customers, clients, and raving fans in a way that feels authentic, cozy, and fun.
Emily teaches from her heart. And while she’s teaching, she never makes you feel like she knows more than you–instead, it is like you’re learning cool tricks from your BFF (Your Biz BFF that is!)Sejal Fichadia Kindred Mother Care
I feel that I always came up with a bunch of ideas for branding & marketing my business but never knew how to execute them. Emily was able to take each step and break it down so that we could not only pick our colors, designs and templates but also know WHY those specific designs work best for us. I feel a better sense of control and direction after taking her class.”Tiffanie Danley TD Real Estate
Who is this course for?
Branding from the Inside Out is for anyone who wants to create their own brand identity, and is ready to stop floundering while trying to figure it all out alone.
Whether you have an online business or run a brick and mortar shop; whether you sell products or services; whether you’re a blogger, a freelancer, or an etsy shop owner--this class is for you!
Previous graduates who found success in Branding from the Inside Out are...
- house cleaners
- personal shoppers
- seo consultants
- fine artists
- etsy shop owners
- speech pathologists
- jewelry designers
- fiber artists
- massage therapists
- interior decorators
- health/wellness advocates
- real estate agents
- nonprofit directors
- (just to name a few!)
I get it--there are a million courses out there, each promising results more dazzling than the last. And some just don’t live up to the hype. I don’t want this to be one of those courses.
I have complete faith that you can design a brand that feels authentic, fabulous, and oh-so-gorgeous. So if you find that after you’ve completed the coursework, you didn’t get your money’s worth, I will buy it back from you for the price you paid.
Here’s the catch: I do ask that you show up and do the work. To qualify for a refund, you’ll be asked to submit your completed worksheets and show that you gave this course your best effort. This refund window is open for the 30 days following the last module, so you have plenty of time to give this a try!
Questions You Might Have...
Today!! When you join, you get INSTANT ACCESS to the introduction and getting ready tips. You'll also get an invitation to join our class facebook page so you can start making friends right away!
You’ll need a computer or an ipad and internet access. We’ll be using free, web-based software, and I’ll provide your worksheets, so no fancy design software or textbook to buy! Make sure to bring your enthusiasm, curiosity, and favorite pen for taking notes!
Awesome! You have a head start! We’ll talk in the first lesson about how your logo is just a small piece of your entire brand, and we’ll spend the majority of the course working on other brand elements. You can use the logo design week to create alternate versions of your logo!
You will graduate with a complete brand identity, including a logo, color palette, font selections, and clear definition of your brand's values, strengths, mood, and style. You'll create a brand board to act as an easy reference to use every time you design visuals for your business. Most importantly, you'll have the skills and confidence to go forth and create amazing designs in the future!
Hell yeah! I designed this class to be helpful whether you're a total beginner or have some design experience under your belt. I am here to meet you right where you are and help you suck less at design--but more importantly, to make designing things suck less for YOU!