I hear ya... this whole "branding your business" thing can feel really overwhelming
- You're spinning your wheels trying to figure out how to stand out online. You've read all the blog posts, tried all the tactics, but you just aren't getting the results you crave.
- You've tried piecing together your own branding (you picked some colors you love, you have a pinterest board going for inspiration... maybe you even had your cousin design a logo!) But it just doesn't feel right. It doesn't look like you pictured it would in your head.
- Sometimes it feels like your branding (or lack thereof) is really holding you back from sharing all that you have to offer the world.
- There are SO MANY choices! So many pretty colors! And fonts! And stock photos! (Oh my.) You love everything, how could you possibly focus on just one look?! (So as a result, your style is all over the place and people don't really get what you're about.)
- Or you're so overwhelmed by choices you don't even know where to start.
You are not alone! I've been there, and I get it. And you don't have to keep feeling this way.
Imagine what it would be like to...
- Confidently market your business because you know your branding looks great and represents what you’re all about
- Attract the RIGHT clients and customers to your business (because they totally get who you are and what you're all about the second they find you online.)
- Shave hours (hooooooours) off your design time because you have clear brand standards that are easy to implement.
- Look like the totally legit business owner you are and not just some little lady with a hobby. (I know you know what I'm talking about.)
It's all within your reach! I promise!
What you'll learn
Branding from the Inside Out consists of 6 Modules
Module 1: Let's Dig Deep
We’ll define your brand’s core values, your super powers, and your unique flavor as a business owner. During this module you’ll:
- Learn how a dirty martini changed my entire perspective on branding
- Discover why it's really not all about your logo
- Learn what the hell visual branding is and what it can do for your business
- The exact place to start your journey toward building an authentic brand
- Celebrate and share your unique super powers (and learn how the very things I was teased for in high school have become my greatest asset and landed more clients than anything else)
Module 2: Setting the Mood
Break out the gluesticks, we’ll start to define a visual identity by creating a mood board. During this module you’ll:
- Use images to evoke feeeeeeelings
- Find inspiration all around you (not just on Pinterest!)
- Learn how your dream client fits into this picture (and how your branding can make her excited to say "Here! Take my money!")
- Express your personal style in a way that feels comfy and looks totally profesh
- Create a mood board collage to serve as inspiration for the rest of your branding work
Module 3: Color your World
Easier than getting dressed in the morning. We'll define your brand's color palette. During this module you’ll:
- Communicate your brand’s personality instantly with the right color palette
- Attract your dreamiest dream clients with color psychology
- Choose a go-to colors that look amazing together so you never have to make a color decision ever again
- Find out what those funny #letternumber combos mean and how they save you tons of time
- Hear why I spend every weekend at Home Depot (and how it relates to branding!)
Module 4: What the Font!
We’ll choose your go-to brand fonts (Comic Sans be damned!) During this module you’ll:
- Communicate your brand style through typography (that's a fancy word for fonts)
- Save yourself from the 7 deadly sins of fonts
- Pair fonts like a pro so you stop looking like a crazy person
- Find the highest quality fonts without breaking the bank
- Learn what to do when you can't use the font you want
Module 5: No Logo? No Problem!
We’ll design a logo from scratch (no design degree required) During this module you’ll:
- Learn five types of logos and which kind YOU should have
- Design your own logo using FREE design software! (Even if you’re not an artist)
- Avoid common logo blunders
- Learn how (and why) to create alternate versions of your logo for different uses
Module 6: Your Brand in Action
Never spend an hour staring at a blank screen again! We’ll design your brand style guide. During this module you’ll:
- Create a Pinterest-worthy brand board using free design software
- Use your brand board as an anchor to stay consistent in your future design work
- Learn techniques for using fonts, shapes, colors, and photos in your designs
- Learn my best tips for designing for web, social media, and print
- Graduate with a totally professional brand identity that YOU designed for yourself! Get ready to take the world by storm!
I'm so ready to do this whole branding thing!
Maybe you’re a mom. Or you have a day job. Or you’re in school. Or you’re up to your elbows in Etsy orders. Heck, some of you are probably all of the above! Setting aside time to work on your branding is so tough. I get that. And that’s why I’ve formatted this class to give you the best of both worlds: The 6-week course format is here to keep up your momentum and help you achieve the brand design you want in a short time. You have the support, energy, and accountability of your classmates and teacher to keep you motivated and moving! But… if you fall behind, it’s no big deal! You have lifetime access to the course material and facebook group, so you can go at your own pace and complete the work in whatever timeline works with your schedule.
You know in your heart that investing in your brand identity is important, or you wouldn’t have made it this far down the page! Your branding is like your hottest first date outfit--it makes an impression and gives everyone a sneak peek as to what you’re all about. But there are many different ways you can invest in branding. You can hire a designer, you can have a website built, you can work with a brand strategist, you can take a course… how do you choose?
The invaluable thing about taking this course is that you’ll not only graduate with a brand identity that would cost thousands of dollars to hire a designer to create, but you’ll also be armed with a deeper knowledge of what goes into a creating stand out brand identity, so if you do work with a designer in the future, you’ll save tons of time (and tons of dollars) because you’ll know exactly what you want. And if you ever rebrand or start another business, you can get up and running quickly and inexpensively by doing things yourself. The skills you learn in Branding from the Inside Out will serve you for a lifetime.
When I signed up for Branding from the inside out, I knew that I needed a clear plan for my branding in order to really highlight my approach and what I offer. I had never really considered all of the details entailed in communicating my values and unique flavor, but Emily really helped us to identify those things that we want to showcase and then gave us tools for selecting colors, fonts, and designs that reflect those values. I think this is her genius, and I am so glad I had the opportunity to learn from her.Shannon Meade Tweak Your Self Talk
I ‘get’ branding now that I’ve taken Branding from the Inside Out. Emily covered everything you need to start doing your own visual branding with intention—from the fundamental concept of branding to the the practicalities of choosing fonts, colors, and where to go to find all the best tools and resources for doing your own designs.Effie Greathouse
Emily teaches from her heart. And while she’s teaching, she never makes you feel like she knows more than you–instead, it is like you’re learning cool tricks from your BFF (Your Biz BFF that is!)Sejal Fichadia Kindred Mother Care
I feel that I always came up with a bunch of ideas for branding & marketing my business but never knew how to execute them. Emily was able to take each step and break it down so that we could not only pick our colors, designs and templates but also know WHY those specific designs work best for us. I feel a better sense of control and direction after taking her class.”Tiffanie Danley TD Real Estate
Who is this course for?
Branding from the Inside Out is for anyone who wants to create their own brand identity, and is ready to stop floundering while trying to figure it all out alone.
Whether you have an online business or run a brick and mortar shop; whether you sell products or services; whether you’re a blogger, a freelancer, or an etsy shop owner--this class is for you!
Previous graduates who found success in Branding from the Inside Out are...
- house cleaners
- personal shoppers
- seo consultants
- fine artists
- etsy shop owners
- speech pathologists
- jewelry designers
- fiber artists
- massage therapists
- interior decorators
- health/wellness advocates
- real estate agents
- nonprofit directors
- (just to name a few!)
Questions You Might Have...
You’ll need a computer or an ipad and internet access. We’ll be using free, web-based software, and I’ll provide your worksheets, so no fancy design software or textbook to buy! Make sure to bring your enthusiasm, curiosity, and favorite pen for taking notes!
Awesome! You have a head start! We’ll talk in the first lesson about how your logo is just a small piece of your entire brand, and we’ll spend the majority of the course working on other brand elements. You can use the logo design week to create alternate versions of your logo!
You will graduate with a complete brand identity, including a logo, color palette, font selections, and clear definition of your brand's values, strengths, mood, and style. You'll create a brand board to act as an easy reference to use every time you design visuals for your business. Most importantly, you'll have the skills and confidence to go forth and create amazing designs in the future!
Hell yeah! I designed this class to be helpful whether you're a total beginner or have some design experience under your belt. I am here to meet you right where you are and help you suck less at design--but more importantly, to make designing things suck less for YOU!